Tawa Sabzi in Marathi
Time: 45 minutes
100 gram Paneer
1 big potato, 2 medium onions, 10-12 cauliflower florets, 10-12 okra, 4-5 mushrooms, 1 bell pepper
oil for deep frying vegetables
6 medium tomatoes
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
5-6 almond (fine powder)
1 tsp garam masala
1.5 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp kasoori methi
3 tbsp cream
Salt to taste
sugar to taste
1) peel the potato and make medium cubes. Make big cubes of onion. Cut the ends of okra. Cut bell pepper into big chunks. Cut paneer into medium cubes. Remove the stem of mushrooms and use only heads.
2) In a small bowl, mix garam masala, coriander-cumin powder and amchoor powder together.
3) Heat oil into a kadai. Deep fry all the vegetables separately over medium heat. Put the fried vegetables onto a tissue paper to remove excess oil. Sprinkle masala mixture over fried vegetables while they are hot. shallow fry paneer.
4) Boil tomato and grind to make a fine puree. Strain the puree to remove seeds and peels. Use little water.
5) Heat a kadai, add 2 tbsp oil and butter. Saute ginger and garlic. Add tomato puree and simmer for 2 to 4 minutes. Add little water if required. Then add almond powder, remaining masala mixture, red chili powder, kasoori methi, cream, 1/2 tsp sugar and salt to taste. Cook gravy till it leaves oil from the side.
6) Heat a tawa. Put your choice of vegetables in the center. Add some gravy and some dry masala. Saute and serve hot.
1) You may use your choice of vegetables like eggplant, baby corn, sweet potato, arvi etc.
2) If you and your guests like all the vegetables, you can mix all the fried vegetables and stir it along with gravy till slightly dry.